Friday, March 5, 2010

Someone's turning ONE!

Hmmm.... it's been a while, no?  So much for my New Year's Resolution.  haha...  Well, I'm trying to get back on track.  Recently, my brother and sister-in-law asked me to make my nephew's invitation for his 1st birthday/baptism.  My nephew, Evan, is turning one this month.  This is the little guy here:


Don't let his innocent looks deceive you.  Okay, let them.  :)  Sometimes I wish I lived closer to them so that he knows who I am... *sigh* 

Anyhoo... the party is going to be a Mickey Mouse theme so naturally I had to use Mickey Mouse patterned paper.  I decided to make a wheel card (Viewmaster card) where you got to turn the wheel to find out different information (when, what, etc).  The rest of the information was provided on the back of the card.  I learned to make the wheel card here.  Lovely site.  Lots and lots of tutorials.  Here's the card I made:


I used the Don Juan Cartridge from Cricut to cut out the letters.  The base of the card is a 10 x 5 piece of red cardstock folded in half.  I used my Design Studio and George and Basic Shapes cartridge for the Cricut to create the two windows on the red cardstock.  I also used it to "weld" circles together to make the Mickey silhouette on the patterned paper.  I think the really tricky part was getting the text to show up in the windows.  I ended up using Powerpoint and creating text boxes to line everything up.  Lots of glue was used to put this card together.  To attach the wheel to the card, I used this handy eyelet setter.  Kind of looks like a weapon.  I like it because it allowed me to reach far into the center of the card.

Supplies used:

Mickey Mouse patterned paper
cardstock - red, black, yellow, white
Cricut - Don Juan Cartridge, George and Basic Shapes Cartridge
adhesive - Zots, Zips, Tombow Mono Adhesive
Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite Punch

1 comments:

Chris said...

Looking good.