Saturday, June 5, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge

I've had my eye on a few stamp sets from Stampin Up! and finally got the courage (and funds) to buy them.  They arrived just in time for a color challenge by Embellish Magazine.  The coral color made me a little nervous since I've never used it before, but thought I'd give it a try anyway.  I folded a piece of coral cardstock into a 5"x4" card and used a corner punch to round out the corners.  Then, using my Cricut machine, I cut out a scalloped oval on white cardstock and stamped the "kindness" sentiment from the Define Your Life stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink.  To get it to fit just inside the cutout, I used my handy dandy Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.

I stamped a few of the trees from the Trendy Trees Stamp Set in Cameo Coral and Chocolate Chip ink onto white cardstock and cut them out using a square punch.  I then cut out a slightly larger square on the yellow cardstock to make a little border for my trees.  The bottom of the card seemed a little bare with just the scallop cutout so I ran a thin dark brown ribbon through it to add a little more color. 

Enjoy and have a great rest of your weekend! :)
Supplies used:

Stamps:  Trendy Trees & Define Your Life from Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, White, Yellow
Inks:  Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral
Embellishments: brown ribbon
Tools: Cricut, corner punch, square punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

7 comments:

Susie said...

Beautiful card. Great design and I like how you emphasized the coral.

Charlene Austin said...

SOOOO cute!! I too love how you used the coral as the main colour. It's just too fun!

Anne said...

This is a great card- love those trees and that you used coral as the main color!

Claire Brennan said...

A very pretty card!! Gorgeous!

xosparklesxo said...

This turned out great, I really love the interest of those images not being centered. Trendy Trees is one of my favorite stamp sets, so I may have to try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laural-Lee said...

This card makes me very sad they are discontinuing cameo coral. I like what you did for the sentiment panel.

Maile Belles said...

This is so cute! Loving the layout and so glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.