Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy For You

Today's supposed to be "clean my apartment" day... but obviously I'm not doing that if I'm writing this post.  Ha.  So much for that.  I washed my dishes, though.  Well, my dishwasher did.  I guess that doesn't count.  Let's just say I'm taking a little break. :)  Before I get back to my chores, I wanted to post this card I made for someone who's just finished up the school year and ready for the summer.  I used a dark blue cardstock as the base.  Then, using the Circle Circus stamp set from Stampin' Up!, I created a background on white cardstock.  The "happy for you" sentiment came from the Happy Everything set from Stampin' Up! as well.  I usually use this for birthdays, so I was happy when I got to use it for a different occasion.  I stamped the "happy for you" sentiment on the card first and then the different circles.  Unfortunately, after stamping everything, I found that the sentiment wasn't popping out as much as I wanted it to.  Therefore, I used the Martha Stewart glitter in hematite to make it stand out a little.  My camera isn't high-tech, but I tried to catch as much of the glimmer as I could in the picture.  Anyhoo... enjoy you're day.  Gotta get back to my chores.  Happy Saturday!


Supplies used:
Cardstock:  dark blue, white
Stamps:  Happy Everything, Circle Circus from Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, So Saffron, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up!
Embellishments:  Martha Stewart Glitter in hematite

0 comments: