Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boo!

All Hallows Eve is upon us and to celebrate this spooktacular holiday, I made this card using the Been Boo'd stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  They're so festive.  For the stamp pads, I used a combination of Martha Stewart's pigment inks as well as Stampin' Up ink pads.  Normally, I don't like using Stampin Up! pads with acrylic stamps, but PTI stamp sets seem to hold the ink well.  At least it does for the darker colors.  The images were stamped on white cardstock.  A strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock was adhered on top of the white cardstock.  For the glitter, I used Martha Stewart's glue pad and glitter in Fire Opal to stamp the sentiment onto the purple cardstock.  The base of the card was cut from Basic Grey cardstock.  I added pop up dimensionals on the back of the white cardstock to attach to the card base.  Inside the card, I stamped the "You've Been Boo'd!" sentiment and a couple of the ghosts peeking from the sides.  Silly ghosts.

Our annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest is next week and this time they've opened it to the corporate office In the past, it was just within our department).  Oh... it's on... it's on like Donkey Kong!  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.  This is my blank canvas...


Any ideas?  This is what I've done in the past.  Decisions, decisions... I'll keep you posted.  Ciao for now :)

Supplies Used
Stamps:  Been Boo'd - Papertrey Ink
Stampin' Up! Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Grey, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!; StazOn Jet Black; Ebony, Pumpkin, Fennel - Martha Stewart Pigment Ink
Other: Martha Stewart Gluepad & Fire Opal glitter

1 comments:

Allison said...

Cute! I love the simple layout and the fun images. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!