Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Congrats

hello hello...

I'm amazed by what people can come up with these days.  I saw this partial die cutting technique and so many ideas started running in my head for birthday cards, thank you cards, baby cards...  For this post, I thought I would try it for a congratulatory card for a graduate.  However, with the colors I ended up using, it kind of looks like a congratulations card for a wedding. 



After die cutting the letters onto the Basic Gray cardstock, I stuck it on top using dimensionals.  You can kind of see it better in the picture below.  I wrapped white satin ribbon around it and glued a few flowers from the Eastern Blooms stamp set by Stampin' Up! that I stamped on white cardstock and cut out.  Enjoy!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock - SU Basic Gray, Whisper White
Patterned Paper - American Crafts I Do Collection
Stamps - SU Eastern Blooms
Ink - SU Basic Gray, Chalk Box Rose Coral, VersaMagic Pixie Dust
Other:  Whisper White Satin Ribbon, PTI Block Alphabet Die Collection

1 comments:

Clarice said...

cool technique. I'll have to try it sometime!